As a member of the creative community, you may have come across a number of stock photo sources. There are the expensive ones, the affordable ones and the average. Some have low quality images, while other take price on premium offerings. And then, there are those that offer both high quality and affordability. One of them is iStock – the stock photo site powered by Getty Images. iStock has an impeccable reputation with over 15 years of experience in the industry, find more information.
Here are ten things you should know about it:
- Offers millions of high value, exclusive images. Images in the library are not found anywhere else. Other offerings include videos, illustrations, vectors and audio.
- Has millions of high quality and affordable images. Whatever design you are creating, the stock photo agency has it all. A wide variety of choices is just waiting to be uncovered.
- Accepts most methods of payment. How do you want to purchase your images? iStock accepts payments from PayPal, Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and even money orders from US and Canadian banks.
- Easy to navigate and search images. The stock site allows you to search for images by keyword, contribution, collection, file type, shape, complexity, size, details, color, light box, file number and other additional filters.
- Offers FREE photos. When you sign up to the website, you get free photos every week as well as free illustrations, audio clips and video clips.
- Supports many languages. iStock is available in multiple languages, including English, German, Korean, French, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- Owned by Getty Images. That’s right! The stock image site was acquired by Getty Images in 2014, making it part of one of the top sources in the market.
- Founded in April 2000. It has been in the industry for over 15 years.
- Features one Signature Artist per month. Every month, a different contributing artist is featured to share the story of their art and what it means to them.
- Headquartered in Canada. If you want to know, iStock’s headquarters is in Alberta.
If you are considering iStock as your primary image source, you should know these top 10 facts about the stock site.